Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Best of 2011-12

The Winter of 2011-12 was really not a Winter at all, but thanks to modern tech I stilled skied 38 days. Only Four of these days included any type of powder. Every time it snowed rain soon followed. This years season in Nepa was four weeks shorter than last season ,15 wks this year. My personal goal of 40 days was not reached,neither was our goal of two backcountry outings. We visited the now closed ski area of Tanglewood where it all started but never got to ski down it due to the lack of Winter. Exen without the presence of Winter the 10 ski areas I visited this year produced a descent product and plenty of family time. The real reason I guess I ski is to spend time with my sons and daughter, If I had to ski it alone ,like so many others I see and read about, I just would do something else. So good bye to Skiing and R
iding until next season may 2012-2013 bring us tons of SNOW

No comments:

Post a Comment